Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine's Math Center: DIY

Hi there! It's Michelle from Apples and ABC's.  I want to share an easy DIY math center that you can make for you kids!  We are learning how to count numbers 1-30 right now in my Kinder class.  I drew some 30 frames inside a heart and wrote a number at the bottom of each page.  Then I bound about 6 different sheets together so they could flip through and practice different numbers.  On each page the students place that many objects in the 10 frame boxes.  Here are the materials:
-mini objects {I used Valentine's erasers from the Target dollar bin}
-fine motor tweezers {they can just use their hands}
-30 frame sheets


I placed this at a center for math time and the kids had a blast!  I don't always have them use the tweezers, but when we do use them they get to excited.  I stress how these make their hands stronger so they can become better writers.  




I hope this is helpful for some of you!  Come by and say hi, anytime! :)
-Michelle


1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete