Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Painting Patterns!

Hi everyone, I'm Faith from Kindergarten Faith.


You know if you tell a 5 year old it's time to paint, you have just become their "favorite" person! :)  After I teach a new pattern, I like to give the kids a chance to create their own.  I designed a Perfect Pattern unit just for this.  We have made chain patterns, chalk patterns, body patterns, block patterns, etc., but really, I think painting is their favorite.  There is just something about them getting to "pick" their own colors and create a master piece.


I hope you get a chance to check out my blog and see the other pictures from our fun filled "Perfect Pattern" painting day and this exciting pattern unit!  
Have Faith! :) 

 


2 comments:

  1. These are so cute!

    I am kinda bummed that CC doesn't include patterns because they are an essential skill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kansas kept them on our standards as part of the Kansas Additions to the Common Core State Standards for Math (Algebraic Patterning), but I don't know about the other states!! So, we still get to have fun doing patterns! :) You are so right though, I think the kids do need this skill!

    ReplyDelete