- One is the game boom. This is one that I learned from my mentoring teacher while doing my student teaching. I took a pringles can and craft sticks. I write all the sight words for the units on the craft sticks. Then I write boom on about 10-15 of them depending on how many words there are. The students pull out a stick, if they can read it they get to keep it. If they can't read it, it goes back in the can. If they pull out a boom, all their sticks go back in.
- Another game is the Stinky Cheese game. It's similar to the boom game but there are different action cards. This game can be found in my Words that Pop Up Units on TPT.
- They can use the ipods. I desperately need some new apps for these for word work. Any suggestions?
- They can use the computer.
- Write the room (I'm using my Wintery Mix pack on Tpt)
- Magnetic letters - They make the spelling and sight words with magnetic letters on cookie sheets.
- Popcorn words three ways. This is another activity from my Words that Pop Up Units. They color, stamp, trace and rainbow write the sight words.
- Write a card
I think this idea has a variety of uses too. The kids could go by that word all day or play a 20 questions type game to figure out what the word is
So this post has gotten much longer than I planned on it being. But before I go, I have freebie to share with you. It's a sheet to have students rainbow write their words. I didn't put any words on it. They can choose whatever words you want.
Click here to get the file.